Over time, people tend to change locations due to several factors such as having a new job, schooling, or even starting up a family. One common thing individuals do when planning to move to a new location is looking for a new home. In most cases, the individuals cannot afford to buy a home on getting to a new location hence the decision to rent a house. It is essential for these home seekers to get a befitting and comfortable home, as everyone adores comfort.
As a homeowner, when placing a property up for rent, you must consider certain factors that would make such property comfortable for the incoming tenant. Having a happy tenant means less trouble for the property owner and a better cordial relationship between both parties. The following is what tenants look for in a rental property:
- Location: One of the first things every individual that seeks to rent a property watches out for is the location. Prospective tenants take the location of a property very seriously; a family with kids would prefer a place that is close to schools, the grocery shops, and much more. Some individuals would prefer properties close to parks, restaurants, cafes, and so on, while others may prefer properties close to their office or airports. As a homeowner, it is always important to point out outstanding landmarks and locations close to your property as this tends to motivate prospective tenants.
- Safety and security: Safety and security is a priority for everyone; no one wants to be scared while going home or leaving the house. As a homeowner, it is vital to make sure necessary security measures are taken and also essential to invest in neighborhoods with good security, as everyone wants to know that they are safe and their property as well.
- Storage Space: Having enough space to store personal belongings is an important factor that individuals look out for when they want to rent a property. You do not expect a prospective tenant to go and rent storage space for his personal belongings. As a homeowner, improved and better storage space should be made available within the properties. Most renters are going to spend a considerable amount of time in the building, and as such are bound to acquire more personal belongings as they progress; nobody wants to be limited when it comes to buying new items because there is nowhere to store them. Only students renting an apartment are bound to not bother about much space as most of their personal items would be at home.
- Clean and Nice Environment: Nobody wants to reside in a dirty and untidy environment. It is vital that properties are kept clean and properly maintained. Everyone would be proud of a clean and properly maintained property. Nobody wants to pay to leave in a slum. As a homeowner, it is essential to keep the environment clean and make necessary repairs and renovations as the occupants would greatly appreciate this and also feel a sense of entitlement.
- Outdoor Space/Parking: Nothing is as annoying as getting home and having nowhere to park or for your kids to play or somewhere to hang out with friends when they come visiting. Having an outdoor space is great, in the form of gardens, a patio, or a balcony. Always being inside can be exhausting, hence the need to come out to enjoy fresh air, or take a break from the kids’ noise.
- Upgrade and Renovations: Nothing is appeasing to a tenant as having the feeling of a new home. Making routine upgrades and renovations to that property can help attract potential tenants. Everyone wants to have a feel of a new home. Having to repaint the house or to redo the kitchen or even the floor would boost tenant interest in such properties.
It is imperative to put all these factors into consideration as a homeowner, as this would help build a better relationship with the tenant. Also, if you are seeking to rent an apartment or you are a homeowner and want to rent out your property, you can contact Top Tier Real Estate at (719) 330-5556.